Personal information: The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- identity information such as your driver’s license. When we collect your driver’s license, we record the details in our customer relationship software and may provide this information to third parties if required in order to provide our Services;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your credit card or payment details (through our third party payment processor);
- your preferences and/or opinions, including the amount you may want to borrow and the purpose of your loan;
- details as to your ability to repay any loans; including your assets, liabilities, income source, income amounts, and occupation;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We always aim to collect personal information directly from you, however in certain circumstances we may collect information from third parties. Our referral partners may provide us with information about you, however we always ask that our referral partners have your consent to provide this information to us. We will contact you based on the information our referral partners provide to you, however if you are not interested in our services or do not want to receive further correspondence from us, we will happily take you off our customer lists.
If you enter your contact details in one of our online forms, we may use this information to contact you even if you do not submit the form. We will only do this to see if we can help with any problems you might be experiencing in the form or with our website.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Services, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to provide information on lenders and insurance;
- to submit your application for credit to lenders or insurers who might provide you with credit or insurance;
- when collecting information on your driver’s license, to provide you with information on lenders and insurance;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run promotions, and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- selected lenders, insurance providers and warranty companies;
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation), IT service providers, wholesale car dealers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any promotions we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities as permitted or required by law;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
Overseas disclosure: Where we disclose your personal information to third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia. We will only disclose your personal information to countries with laws which protect your personal information in a way which is substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles or we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, sexual practices or sex life, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
In providing our Services to you we may need to collect your driver’s licence and your health information to verify your identity and to make assessments regarding your application for mortgage protection insurances and to calculate any premiums. If we collect this sensitive information, your sensitive information will only be used and disclosed for purposes directly relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. You also have the right to contact the relevant authority in the country in which you are based.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our online Services.
We may use web beacons on our online Services from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
JASS GROUP (AUS) PTY. LTD., t/as Credit Hub Australia ABN 69 138 938 646
Last update: 13 November 2020